The tenants of the Initiative are Accountability, Constraint, Critique, and Support. We hope to encourage students to stick to personal deadlines by sending out email notifications and holding them accountable for meeting their goals. We wish to provide online group critique sessions through Skype, while promoting student work and sharing knowledge and resources through new content on the Cartoon Allies website. We will also offer weekly challenges for tackling new ideas and working outside your comfort zone.
This initiative is an on-going experiment and depends on the participation and feedback of cartoonists like you. Help us help you make this summer a fruitful one!
How to Join
- Register for the Initiative.
- Join the Initiative's Facebook group to chat and share work with other participants.
- Subscribe to our blog's RSS feed to keep up with weekly challenges, student spotlights, tutorials, and more.
- When you want to schedule additional deadlines or feel you need to change your current ones, send us an email to email@example.com with the subject line "KISI Deadlines - [Name]".
- If you post your art on Tumblr, please follow and submit your work to the new Cartoon Allies tumblog! In our first weekend, we've already been promoted by SPX, exposing the work of SVA cartoonists to a wide audience.
- If you're in New York City, you should join the Hermit Club for monthly meetings with other SVA students and alumni.